Computer Servicing and Repair
The Computer Servicing and Repair Program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to pursue a career in the areas of personal computer servicing, troubleshooting, and networking. Graduates of the program can expect to find employment opportunities in almost every sector of the job market where computers are in use. These opportunities include employment as computer technicians and support personnel in corporations, government, School systems, and independent businesses.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs):
- Students will learn fundamentals of electronic servicing, emphasizing on servicing and shop procedures.
- Students will gain practical experience in the servicing of electronic equipment, including working in a service shop environment or situation.
- Students will be capable of servicing popular microcomputers, disk drives, modems, and other peripheral devices.
- Students will have knowledge of basic computer history, theory, and applications of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and the operating system.
- Students will have expertise in microcomputer applications software, including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, graphs, and their integration.
- Students will have skills to service diodes and diode circuits, transistors, transistor circuits, and other components used in the computers.