Emergency funds in the form of a Federal Grant have been provided to Denmark Technical College to help students impacted by COVID-19. This funding provides direct emergency cash grants to students adversely impacted by the ongoing pandemic with unforeseen expenses, including:
- dependent care,
- course-related materials,
- technology, and
- medical expenses.
THIS FUNDING CANNOT BE USED FOR TUITION EXPENSES.
- Applicants must be students currently enrolled at DTC during the Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 semester.
- Applicants must be enrolled at Denmark Technical College in associates, technical, certificate, or basic education courses. Students who are in dual credit (high school) and non-credit (Continuing Education) courses do not qualify.
- Applicants do not need to be financial aid recipients or Pell-eligible to receive this funding.
- Applicants must complete the application (see link below) including a statement related to how the COVID-19 has been impactful and how this funding will be used to alleviate any financial issues.
- Please apply for your current needs. You may reapply as other needs come about.
- Follow the link below to complete and submit an application for the CARES Act Student Emergency Fund.
- After submitting your application Submit any relevant documentation.
- Requests will be reviewed by a committee and processed timely once we receive funds from the Department of Education.
- The average award amount varies based on the need.
- Documentation must be attached for all requests. Please see the types of required documentation below. Additional documentation may be requested.
- Email notifications will be sent to Denmark Technical College student email accounts will be sent regarding the approval of each request along with information regarding the delivery of funds.
- If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Ms. Avis Gathers at 803-682-0776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Documentation for Requests
||Copy of lease agreement, current rent invoice, or mortgage statement
||Copy of a current utility bill from the provider
||Copy of bus or taxi fee schedule
||Copy of bill or estimate from automotive company
||Copy of current dependent care invoice from the provider
||Itemized list of technology expenses. This can be an online invoice or estimate from a company such as Best Buy, Apple, or other company
||Copy of a recent medical bill from the provider (Doctor’s Office, Pharmacy, etc.)
||Copy of book and/or supply fees
||Documentation not required