- Complete the application and attach a non-refundable application fee of $10.00 (cashier’s check or money order). Mail your application form and fee to the Admissions office at Denmark Technical College, 1126 Solomon Blatt Blvd., P.O. Box 327, Denmark, SC 29042-0327.
- Admittance at DTC does not require standardized testing such as the SAT or ACT. If you have already taken one of these tests and wish to have your scores considered, you must have your scores sent by the testing center where you took your test. The official scores should be sent to the admissions office. Please be advised that scores more than three years old will not be accepted. Once you are admitted, we will administer the Accuplacer test to determine which level core classes you should enroll in.
- Please arrange for an official copy of your high school transcript (showing graduation date and HSAP scores) or high school equivalency certificate (GED) to be sent to the Admissions Office.
- Arrange for each college attended to send an official copy of your transcript to DTC.
- Transfer students who have earned 15 or more credit hours with a grade “C” or better, with acceptable English and Math courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be exempt from taking the Accuplacer test.
If you are a returning student who has not attended Denmark Technical College during the previous semester (excluding summer), you must complete a new application.
Students matriculating at other colleges who wish to enroll in courses at Denmark Technical College must submit an application and meet all prerequisites for the course(s).
You may apply for financial aid in the Financial Aid Office or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov using school code 005363. For detailed information on eligibility for Federal Pell Grants, loans, student employment, and veteran’s assistance at Denmark Technical College, visit the Financial Aid Office or call (803) 793-5161.
Tuition at Denmark Technical College is assessed based on a student’s legal permanent residency as reported on the residency form (enclosed in your application packet). Students who falsify information regarding their state of residence will be reassessed and charged the appropriate tuition.
Services for Students with Disabilities and Special Needs
Students with special needs must notify the Counseling Office of any accommodations needed. Please call to schedule an appointment with the Title IX Student Coordinator at (803) 793-5109.
Denmark Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Certificates, Diplomas, and Associate Degrees. Contact information: 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097. Telephone: (404) 679-4501.
DTC Contact Information
Enrollment Services (803) 793-5175
Business Office (803) 793-5264
Counseling (803) 793-5298
Residential Life (803) 793-5242
Health Services (803)793-5224
Financial Aid (803) 793-5161
Denmark Technical College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in the provision of equal access in student services, programs and student employment, and in faculty and staff employment and advancement, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ethnic origin, national origin, or political affiliation, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
Service Area Proviso: Denmark Technical College was established in 1947 and has “a legislated mandate to serve students throughout the state”.
As an institution within the South Carolina Technical and Comprehensive Education system, Denmark Technical College is committed to keeping the costs of attending the college to a minimum for students.