Microsoft Office Specialist 2019 (MOS) Certification Training
Microsoft Office is the world’s most popular suite of business productivity tools. Its Word, Excel and PowerPoint products set the standard for word processing, spreadsheet and data use and business presentations, respectively. This 100% online course will prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist 2019 (MOS) certification exam series for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Business operations and office support positions are among the fastest-growing career areas in the current economy. From administrative assistants to specialists in business presentations, data analysis and document publishing, many of today’s most promising career areas involve expertise in Microsoft Office products.
- Among the Office and Administrative Support Occupations listed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), those that require MOS skills offer the highest levels of pay and future opportunities. For example, desktop publishers earn on average $45,390 per year. Computer support specialists earn an average of $54,760 per year in a category that is growing faster than the average for all jobs.
- According to PayScale.com, holders of the MOS certification earn an average of $54,000 per year. With skills in a specific domain such as legal or financial, the pay can increase to $67,000 or higher.
WHAT DIFFERENTIATES A MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST (MOS) FROM OTHER OFFICE USERS?
The process and knowledge involved with the MOS certification provide advanced knowledge in the operations and functions of the Office Suite products. MOS certificate holders are expected to understand and operate Microsoft Office products at a level of detail that exceeds that of an uncertified peer.
IS MOS CERTIFICATION WORTH IT?
Studies indicate that MOS certification can lead to productivity enhancements for employees, contractors, and freelance experts. Higher levels of productivity are highly correlated to confidence and job satisfaction. Research suggests that MOS certification can lead to salary levels up to $16,000 higher than uncertified peers.
DO ANY JOBS REQUIRE MOS CERTIFICATION?
Many jobs require certification in one or all of the Microsoft Office products. MOS certification may lead directly to job opportunities in training or computer support, for example. Design or data-related positions may require certification in PowerPoint or Access.
HOW MANY EXAMS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE MOS CERTIFICATION?
MOS certification involves the following exams: MO-100 (Word), MO-200 (Excel), MO-300 (PowerPoint), MO-400 (Outlook), and MO-500 (Access)
- Prepare to take and the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification exams for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Learn essential skills required of the Microsoft Office 2019 suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Know how to create and edit a Word document
- Present information in a compelling way via Excel or PowerPoint
- Manage databases and improve efficiency using Access
- Send messages, manage calendars, and collaborate with coworkers using Outlook
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Learn about best communication practices, expectations and how to make yourself a viable asset to any team.
Understand how to work within Microsoft Excel. Enter data and create worksheets, cover advanced topics like using formulas, visualizing data, and how to collaborate with other Excel users.
Create and edit Word documents. Learn to use tables, images, illustrations, and change page layout. Additionally, you’ll cover how to review and collaborate on documents, manage mailings, and protect documents.
Develop PowerPoint presentations from start to finish. Understand how to format your presentations, and include advanced elements like effects, illustrations, and tables.
Master Microsoft Outlook by learning to work with messages, organize contacts, manage an inbox, and work across multiple email accounts.
Complete the course by developing an understanding of Access. Receive an overview of the user interface before moving on to covering tables, queries, forms, reports, and macros.
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.